LECTURE PLAN for the Upbringing and education of students with significant development difficulties Program according to Article 12 of the regulations (Glasnik, number IV/1996)
Special class department programs
A part of extracurricular activities and elective courses are also held in between shifts and in the afternoon shift. Catechism is offered as an elective course twice weekly, extracurricular activities: reeducation of psychomotor skills (one period weekly) and sensory integration (one hour weekly).
Number of students and departments
Information about the number of students and class departments
Classes at the Center for autism Rijeka
Elementary school runs in the morning shift, 1st– 8thgrade classes.
The steps of creating ICEPs:
With the wish to carry out as successfully as possible our curricular plan and to achieve the most effective pedagogy results, an ICEP – Individual care and education program- is designed with each student.
Success is considerably dependent on the applied adaptation of the analysis strategy in order for that application to satisfy the special needs of the student. The ways in which we convey and present information to the students, how we give them instructions, how we set up tasks, as well as the means and modes of work we apply are all of great importance.
The choices of teaching methods can either offer support that is in line with the needs of the student, or, on the other hand, ignore those needs, and by doing so blocking the development of disposable potential and the student’s success.
Didactic and methodology support
- Reducing the quantity of new concepts and fact
- Breaking down complex concepts and processing by components
- Gradual perceptive strengthening of the same content
- Accentuating the essential in various ways (key parts, rules, definitions)
- Clear visualizing of important facts
- Summarizing teaching and learning contents
- Simplifying linguistics and semantics
- Planning sequences with the aid of pictures, questions and sentences
- Visualizing content with the aid of diagrams and cognitive maps
- Introduction to work procedures (tasks, practical work)
- Breaking down contents into smaller units